Sunday, January 11, 2009

Things I like right now...and things I dont...

So here are some things that are tickling my fancy right now and some things that are just downright annoying.

THINGS I LIKE RIGHT NOW

30 Rock
Right now this is the best show on television. Many will argue against me and say that "The Office" is better, which is a valid argument, but you cant beat Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin. "The Office is next fave but I cant get past the outrageousness of "30 Rock". Everyone has finally turned the corner on Tina Fey after seeing her as Palin on SNL. But if you haven't seen the first or second season of this show, find it online now. Tracy Morgan adds a lot with his randomness and how can you not love a show with an entire episode revolving around an episode of "Milf Island"?

Missed Connections 
On Craigslist, there is  section of posting titles called Missed Connections. I must make sure I mention that I was turned on to these postings by my friend Brianna. What it is, is a place where people post after maybe seeing people for a quick instant and thinking there was some sort of "connection". Like someone is in line at the bank and makes eye contact with someone. They then post saying how cute they were or what not and try to find out who they are. Its pretty ridiculous and a little stalkerish, but its great for a few minutes of amusement. The info people put on there is great. My personal favorite had to be one woman discussing how attractive this one fella was and how much she'd love to maybe meet up for drinks. Now that doesn't seem too bad right? What made it great was that they met at a meeting at the unemployment office. Awesome. Solid potential for a great relationship. 

THINGS I DONT LIKE RIGHT NOW

NFL PLAYOFFS
I have to throw in some sports on this post. Most people reading this are Patriot fans, where as I am not. I wont discuss my alliance right now cause I don't feel like hearing more shit from Hines. Anyway, the playoffs have been awful thus far. Im writing this while watching the Pittsburgh/ San Diego game. I just finished watching the pile of crap called a game between the Giants and Eagles. I hate the Eagles. McNabb is overrated and now if they make the Super Bowl, all we'll hear for two weeks is how he was benched and came back and Andy Reid bounced back from having his two kids turning his house into a drug emporium and blah blah blah. Boring and over done. San Diego is full of whiners. Rivers is the biggest douche in the league hands down and I know even Pats fans will agree with that. Ray Lewis has a big mouth and likes to run it which makes me irritated by Baltimore. Pittsburgh and Arizona are the only two teams left I wouldn't mind seeing in the Super Bowl. Not too mention, if you have a matchup between Philly and someone like San Diego, the NFL will be pissed because it will probably be the least watched Super Bowl in recent years.

SNOW
I know I cant complain too much because shit, I live in New England. It snows here. I know. But really, this is just too much right now. Im sick of snow blowing and cleaning off cars. At this point Im ready to become a retiree and just go to Florida from November to March. A few storms and snow falls is one thing but every damn week we have to deal with it. I thought we were dealing with global warming  here. If that were the case, we'd be sitting in 50 degree weather right now deciding if we want to open up the barbeque. 

1 comment:

  1. You do realize that Ray Lewis WILL MURDER YOU.. but seriously you should prolly edit this post. How is 30 Rocks better than Deals or no Deal??

    ReplyDelete